🎵 When the music stops, the learning doesn’t! 🎵
Transform your ELA classroom with music that will captivate your students and sparks their interest in Black history. These ELA activities are based on a catchy and empowering rap song that is all about celebrating the remarkable achievements of the highly successful U.S. deputy marshal, Bass Reeves, using pop-culture references that will resonate with your students.
📢 Why You Need This in Your Classroom
- Engagement: Your students will be hooked from the first beat! Listening to the song will not only pique their interest but also set the stage for some serious ELA magic.
- Empowerment: Explore the accomplishments of Bass Reeves in a positive light, empowering your students with a sense of history and culture.
- Multimodal Learning: Gone are the days of monotonous readings. This activity incorporates auditory learning by allowing students to listen to the song while following along with the lyrics.
🎯 The ELA Activities Included:
- 📖 Use Rap Song Lyrics as a Reading Passage: The song lyrics serve as a dynamic reading passage, offering an engaging way for students to sharpen their reading skills.
- 🎥 Visual & Auditory Connection: The video preview allows students to listen to the song with subtitles, reinforcing their comprehension and providing a multisensory experience.
- 📚 Context Clues Quest: Equip your students with the power of context clues! A graphic organizer helps them define unknown words in the song lyrics, enhancing their vocabulary skills.
- 🗣️ Figurative Language Fiesta: Uncover the beauty of figurative language! Students identify examples in the song lyrics and delve into their literal meanings, fostering a deeper understanding of language.
- 🔄 Synonyms and Antonyms Adventure: Transform vocabulary building into an exciting quest. Students explore synonyms and antonyms using the rich words found in the song lyrics.
🚀 Take the Leap – Transform Your ELA Classroom!
Ready to turn your ELA classroom into an epicenter of excitement and learning? Embrace these Bass Reeves rap song activities, and watch your students not only engage with ELA like never before but also gain a newfound appreciation for history.
Elevate your teaching with this blend of pop-culture, ELAR, and Black history!
And get your INSTANT freebies by clicking here or with the form at the top right!
Thanks for reading! More great content coming soon.
Until then, happy teaching!
Ken with Rap Opera for Kids