Need a free, printable black history skit or play for church youth? This faith-based play titled Believers is great for any youth group to perform for a church service during Black History Month. You can even use it for special events and programs to give your youth a fun, educational, and powerful experience to share with others!
Believers follows a church youth group, its theater director, and youth pastor as they put on a production that explores the biblical beliefs that motivated several Black history heroes to overcome adversity and achieve success.
This play includes rap-musical options for students to showcase their vocal abilities and add some excitement to the performance. The songs can also be performed as poetry to keep things simple.
Get this play for free now in our freebie library here!
Check out a quick skit preview of the play with a poem and song below!
Click here to to get access or use the link on the right.
If you’re excited about this free resource, definitely check out our other plays below. These are great for church performances, youth events, and even for use with students in school!
Reader’s theater = better comprehension!
There is no better way to teach students critical reading skills than with reader’s theater. As they perform and learn about the various historical heroes, students will improve their skills by:
- connecting with the text
- learning new vocabulary words
- practicing phonics and phonological awareness
- and comprehending what the text is saying and its deeper meanings!
Each reader’s theater play includes:
- a table of contents
- character dialogue
- the full song lyrics for the two included songs
- tips and ideas on how to use the script
- a simple map of stage directions for understanding the characters’ blocking
- a full character list with brief descriptions
- 10 multiple-choice and 10 short-response comprehension questions with the answer keys.
- Black History Heroes: Then and Now
- Black History Heroes: Not Alone
- Black History Heroes: Kids Making History
- Black Music History: Hip Hop, Rap, and Jazz
- Black History: Heroes in Action
Below you’ll find plays in our growing bundle. Get them all here or use the links below to get them individually.